iTune Becomes the Number Three Overall in Music.

June 24, 2007

itunes.gif

The market research firm NPD Group published new numbers:
During the first quarter, Wal-Mart claimed 15.8% of total music sales, followed by Best Buy (13.8%), the iTunes Store (9.8%) and Amazon.com (6.7%).
Digital music downloads accounted for 13.8% of all purchases, while physical CDs made up the remaining 86.2%.

If the iTunes Store is making profit is not reported. Rumours said a time ago that every downloaded song at iTunes is still “subsidized” from Apple.

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: